About the Oscars.....


Whoa. Last night.....was the Golden Globes. Oscar predictors. I'd like to think so. Last year "Slumdog Millionaire," a very good tale about romance and rupees in India, took home the Golden Globe and Oscar for Best Picture, (which I personally think "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" deserved both). Does this mean Avatar, which would majorly tick off everybody in Hollywood, who wanted this movie to fail after Cameron's other little movie became the highest-grossing film of all time, and additionally won Best Picture, and who are currently rooting for the little-seen indie drama "The Hurt Locker," very interestingly directed by James Cameron (Avatar director)'s ex, Kathyrn Bigelow. It's all kinda complicated. Speaking of which, the Meryl Streep comedy, It's Complicated got SQUAT last night, though a relative says it was hilarious. Anyway, these are all things to think about, and I don't care who gets the Best Director Oscar, my main thing is of course; Best Picture. If Avatar, SCORE!, I've already seen it. If Up in the Air, eh, I'll probably watch it in a few years. If Hurt Locker, then that's just another war movie racked up with all the other Best Pictures through out the years, most of which I haven't seen, like The Deer Hunter, Platoon, Wings and Patton. Well, I'm out, I gotta meet a friend at the YMCA. Happy MLK Day to all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THOUGHTS ON TOM HARDY

CLASSIC REVIEW: FINDING NEMO

REVIEW: THE BOURNE LEGACY