Early Best Picture Contenders

Wow this summer's films have been boring. I'd hate to be a pro-critic, I'd have 2 see movies like "Killers," "Sex in the City 2," and "Marmaduke;" all getting awful reviews from critics. I've only seen a handful of 2010 movies, not a single original-written movie I've seen or a sequel that has blown me out of the water seen yet. I plan on seeing "Toy Story 3" with a few friends this coming Saturday, non 3-D unfortunately. Then in July I'm not missing Christopher Nolan's (Batman Begins, The Dark Knight) "Inception." These, along with a few other films I've seen advertised look like (POSSIBLY) what (1/2) the Academy might choose come voting time:

Love Ranch (with Oscar winners Helen Mirren & Joe Pesci)
Inception (they gotta repay Nolan for the TDK rob of Best Picture in '08)
Toy Story 3 (maybe finally the 1st animated Best Picture winner, #7 on IMDB's Top 250)
Eat Pray Love (with Oscar winner Julia Roberts. Nuff said)
True Grit (the Coen Brothers + a recent Oscar winner Jeff Bridges remaking an already Oscar winning movie? Duh.)

2 other possibilities:
The Kids Are All Right (a drama that seems like it was made for the Oscars)
Kick-Ass (the movie every one's still talking about, along with great reviews, it could be the District 9 of this year's nominees)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THOUGHTS ON TOM HARDY

CLASSIC REVIEW: FINDING NEMO

REVIEW: THE BOURNE LEGACY