MOVIE REVIEW: INCEPTION: PG-13

Wow. I've been anticipating this movie for EVER. The constant reviews flaunting: "It will change the way movies are made" and "Matrix meets James Bond" were very encouraging, even though I hadn't seen either of those films. I finally found someone who was interested in going and headed into the theater knowing maybe 5% what this movie was really about. Oh. My. God.

Chris Nolan, the same dude who made every one's favorite sequel "The Dark Knight" 2 years ago returns with this modern masterpiece about dreams. I've seen at least 3 sequels already this year, and even though they were all great, I'm expecting what's going to happen because they're treading on familiar territory. IT GETS OLD, GUYS. "Inception" is a huge breath of fresh air that takes whatever you thought you knew about this film, turns it upside down and slaps you silly with something new at every corner.

Alfred Hitchcock once said "If the audience can tell what's going to happen next, then I know I have failed to be a director." Nolan must have taken notes on this; I didn't watch a single thing to happen in this film that I had predicted was GOING to.
Here's what I THINK I understand (I had to analyze it several times afterwards): Leonardo DiCaprio plays Dom Cobb, a person who mines through people's dreams to access information for several big name corporations. He and his associates hire Ariadne, ("Juno"'s Ellen Page) to explain to the audience how this system works. Needless to say complications ensue, and I don't really want to go any further because I want the viewer to be as surprised as I was watching this outstandingly original and innovative film. If the Academy has the guts to nominate "Inception" as one of its 10 nominees, it will surely take the prize.

Rating: 9.5/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THOUGHTS ON TOM HARDY

CLASSIC REVIEW: FINDING NEMO

REVIEW: THE BOURNE LEGACY