Best Picture Contenders Part 2

Here's how the method works: I make predictions for the now 10 slots for Best Picture every June (when the summer movie season kicks off), August, when summers over and all the (supposed) critically acclaimed movies are coming out, then one more after the Golden Globes take place (probably the most accurate bet.)

So I was a little off on my 1st part of predictions. "Eat Pray Love" and "Love Ranch" both got average reviews. I guess they got no "love." But "Toy Story 3" and "Inception" are both looking like very strong contenders. "The Kids Are All Right" is getting even heavier buzz then before. I've looked into a few more movies, seen a couple of trailers and am now ready to reveal my new (now full list) of predictions.

Inception
Toy Story 3
True Grit
The Kids Are All Right
Kick-Ass (I still think this is this year's "District 9" of the Oscars.)
The Town (a "The Departed" like thriller with several Oscar favorites.)
The Social Network (With Oscar nominee David Fincher directing, this timely film should be a shoo-in.)
Burlesque (As much as I dislike it already movies like this always get Oscar noms. Take "Nine.")
The American (Clooney movies are always Oscar bait.)
Conviction (Just watch the trailer. It's why the Oscars were made.)

Hopefully at least half of these movies will be nominated so I don't sound stupid coming up with all these films that could hit or miss.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THOUGHTS ON TOM HARDY

CLASSIC REVIEW: FINDING NEMO

REVIEW: THE BOURNE LEGACY