GOLDEN GLOBE NOMINEES 2010!

No surprises in the drama category, but many, many surprises in the Musical/Comedy category, considering half of the movies AREN'T comedies or musicals! See how accurate I was with my predictions, I'm going to boldface my predictions into the actual nominees:

DRAMA:
- Black Swan
- Inception
- The King's Speech
- The Fighter
- The Social Network (easily the winner of this group, though "Inception" would also be a great win)

MUSICAL/COMEDY: (which snubbed "Toy Story 3")
- Alice in Wonderland (nor a musical or a comedy, it's a fantasy film!)
- Burlesque
- The Kids Are All Right (this will probably win if "Alice" doesn't)
- Red
- The Tourist (nor a musical or a comedy, in IMDb it's listed as a drama!)

In Animated movies, all 3 of my predictions were correct, with 2 additional nominees, "Tangled" and the french film "The Illusionist."
So if I'm right, "Social Network," "The Kids Are All Right" and "Toy Story 3" will go home with the gold for their respective best picture titles. It was also nice to see Johnny Depp being twice nominated for "Alice in Wonderland" and "The Tourist." Other nice surprises were Douglas' supporting role nom in the "Wall Street" sequel and Emma Stone of the great comedy "Superbad" for her role in "Easy A."

Even though it's predictable who's taking what home, I love seeing how this all works out in the end, check out all the nominees if you can. The supporting actor/actress/director nominees are all basically the same as Critics Choice, so all my opinions are the same for them. I will be glad to report the winners on the morning of Jan. 17. Also I will review the film I'm seeing for Christmas Break, the buzzed-about "True Grit."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THOUGHTS ON TOM HARDY

CLASSIC REVIEW: FINDING NEMO

REVIEW: THE BOURNE LEGACY