THE FINAL OSCAR PREDICTIONS (2010)!

The nominees have been released and with that I'm going to list my final round of predictions for who's taking home the Academy Award! THE BIGGEST MOVIE AWARD....EVER!

Best Supporting Actress:
Hailee Steinfeld's performance was great and filled with confidence, and in my opinion she deserves it for being at such a young age and delivering that great of a role. But the SAGs, Critic's Choice Awards, and Golden Globes prove otherwise, because Melissa Leo is taking home the Academy Award for her role in "The Fighter," there is no doubt about it.

Best Supporting Actor:
Another no-doubt winner is Christian Bale in "The Fighter," he's won so many awards for his performance, it might literally be a crime if he didn't win on Oscar night. I loved Geoffrey Rush in "King's Speech" but Bale seems pretty much unstoppable.

Best Actress:
There's a little race in here, but it looks like Natalie Portman is set to win for "Black Swan," but her fellow nominee to be reckoned with is Annete Benning, who won a Globe for her performance in "The Kids Are All Right." My money's with Portman.

Best Actor:
Definitely Colin Firth for "The King's Speech." His performance was a layered, sensitive man, and he absolutely nailed the stutter down to a "T," or more like a "t-t-t-t-t-t-t." James Franco is also nominated for his role in "127 Hours," but being the Oscar host is a good enough consolation prize.

Best Director:
It was a crime Christoper Nolan (Inception) didn't get nominated for this award for his amazing work, but the safe bet is David Fincher, who I think deserved to win for "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" back in 2008.

Best Picture:
The most important award of them all, don't try to deny it. It's what everyone stays for through "Best Art Direction" and "Best Makeup" categories to see. I've made it my life goal to see these movies! I say this with great confidence when I say that I've probably already seen the Best Picture winner this year; it's a bonafide "who knows what's gonna happen" Oscar race between the period drama "The King's Speech" and the contemporary film "The Social Network." Both were amazing films, giving the bad movie year of 2010 a good name. But in my opinion, "Social Network" is the better movie to win! Now that's not saying I think it's going to win, but it is the most relevant and modern movie among the nominees this year! I re watched it the other day and took notes on what stood out the most: Jesse Eisenberg's Oscar-nominated performance, the enticing score, and most importantly the rapid-fire dialogue! It all makes for an astonishing film for my generation. But, knowing the Academy's history, I think "The King's Speech" will take it's place among "Gone with the Wind," "Casablanca" and "The Godfather" as the Academy's choice for Best Picture of the year, and you know what, I'm pretty cool with that choice, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THOUGHTS ON TOM HARDY

CLASSIC REVIEW: FINDING NEMO

REVIEW: THE BOURNE LEGACY